Hi Crafty Friends! In my last blog post, I told you that I would be making a video that shows the technique used for that card. Well, I have made the video and made a bunch of inky backgrounds using this scribble, spritz and emboss method. I have five cards for you today. Please view the video, here, so that you can see how I do this technique and all the tips and tricks. This blog post will not go into detail for this method but the video goes over it very well.
- Hosta 3D Embossing Folder – Altenew
- Playful Circles 3D Embossing Folder – Altenew
- Daisy Bed 3D Embossing Folder – Altnew
- Layered Snowflakes 3D Embossing Folder – Altenew
- Perfect Poinsettias 3D Embossing Folder – Altenew
- Spring Garden Watercolor Brush Markers – Altenew
- Tropical Fiesta Watercolor Brush Markers – Altnew
- Autumn Festival Watercolor Brush Markers – Altenew
- Winter Wonderland Watercolor Brush Markers – Atenew
- A2 Loose Watercolor Cardstock – Altenew
- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Pack – Altenew
- Forest Canopy Glitter Pack – Altenew
- Holiday Glitter Pad – Memory Box
- Waterbrush Hello Die – Altenew’Waterbrush Hello Die – Altenew
- Hugs Circled Greeting Die – Altenew
- Tiny Sentiments: Hello Die – Altenew
- Bitty Buzzwords: Holiday Dies – Honey Bee Stamps
- Heartfelt Sentiments – Altenew
- Sentiment Strips 3 – Altenew
- Brushed Silver Cardstock – Altenew
- Inside: Holiday Sentiments – Honey Bee Stamps
- Obsidian Black Ink – Altenew
- Crisp Clear Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Crisp White Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Vellum – Altenew
- Versamark Ink
- Rainforest Mix – Little Things by Lucy’s Cards
- Glossy Pearls – Little Things by Lucy’s Cards
- White Tic Tac Jelly Hearts – Trinity Stamps
- Iridescent Drops – Pink Fresh Studio
I added a hello glitter die with a heat embossed sub sentiment, before finishing with a thin glitter strip and some pearls.
I cut off much of the pooling from the edges of this card (see video) and mounted on some brushed silver cardstock. I also die cut my hugs from this same cardstock and added a quick sub sentiment to finish this card.
I kept this card simple with a glitter Tiny Seniments: Hello and some pearls for some interest.
This is such a fun wintery Christmas card. There are so many possibilities for this folder and ways to finish this panel. I went with a scripty sentiment in glitter cardstock with a vellum shadow. A few white hearts finish this card.
I chose to use some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter for my sentiment and strip detail but gold would like great as well. I added just a few drops to finish this card but a cluster of gold pearls in the centers of the poinsettias would be pretty.
I kept my descriptions of how I put these cards very brief so to learn how to do this fun technique and get all the card details head over to the video to see it all. If you like to get inky this technique is a must try. No panels are ever the same. It does take a little experimenting to get a feel of how much pigment and water to use but it is great technique to mix things up with your embossing folders.
Thank you so much for stopping by!!
**Affiliate links are used when possible. These are used at NO EXTRA cost to you. Thank you for your support and helping me to keep bringing you new content!