Hi Crafty Friends! Welcome to the Altenew Educator’s Blog Hop and Linky Party plus Giveaway! Altenew’s Certified Educators have gotten together to bring you some awesome inspiration with their Secret Recipe projects. Plus there are AMAZING prizes too!! I am so excited to a part of this awesome blog hop.
$130 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 3 lucky winners and a $15 gift certificate to 4 winners! To win, please comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 10/30/2022.
There’s MORE! Join our party! We have included an Inlinkz at the Altenew blog for you to enter your beautiful, Altenew “Secret Card Recipe” creations.
We will pick one of our favorite handmade creations from those who joined the linky party, and they will receive a $10 Altenew gift certificate!
Altenew will draw 5 random winners from the comments left on each blog hop stop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 10/31/2022.
My “Secret Recipe” is my scribble, spritz and emboss method for embossing folders. I love this quick, easy and unique technique that makes our embossing folders even more versatile. Plus I love the Watercolor Brush Markers from Altenew. Watch for an upcoming video tutorial on this fun technique.
Supplies for this card:
- Hosta 3D Embossing Folder – Altenew
- Tropical Fiesta Watercolor Brush Markers – Altenew
- Autumn Festival Watercolor Brush Markers – Altenew
- Fine Mister – Altenew
- Iridescent Shimmer Spray – Altenew
- Just a Number Stamp Set – Altenew
- Watercolor A2 Loose Sheets – Altenew
- Jet Black Cardstock – Altenew
- Instant Dimension Foam Tape – Altenew
- Clear Embossing Ink – Altenew
- Silver Crisp Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Vellum – Altenew
- Silver Foil Pearls – Studio Katia
- Use the Sweet Leaf and Lime markers from the Tropical Fiesta Watercolor Brush Marker set and the Just Green from the Autumn Festival Watercolor Brush Marker set along with the Hosta 3D Embossing Folder for this card.
- Scribble the 3 colors of the brush markers directly on to your embossing folder. Apply this to the side of your embossing folder that has the Altenew label on it. This has the image indented in the folder. The pigment will pool in the images which is fine. For the Hosta folder you will need lots of the pigment to get the leaves covered. Do not put one pigment on top of the other as they will mix when embossed.
- Next spray your watercolor paper, then spray your folder on the side with the pigment. You need to spray the folder several times. The more water the more the pigment moves. This does take a little experimenting to get a feel of what you like.
- Close the folder and run it through your die cutting machine. Follow your machine’s folder for the proper sandwich.
- Pigment will ooze out. Just wipe it up with a damp cloth or baby wipe.
- Remove your embossed panel and let it dry.
- Once dry spritz with the Iridescent spray for some shine. Let this dry.
- Trim this panel down to 4×5.25
- Stamp your sentiment on Jet Black Cardstock with Clear Embossing Ink and emboss with Silver Embossing Powder. Trim this down.
- Cut a piece of Vellum to back your sentiment panel and to wrap around the card panel.
- Adhere the Vellum on the back of your panel. This hides the adhesive so it doesn’t show through your vellum.
- Adhere Sentiment to Vellum strip with Instant Dimension Foam Tape
- Use Instant Dimension Foam Tape to adhere panel to colored panel, then adhere to card base
- Add some pearls for some extra bling.
April Leithner <<<You Are Here
Amy Hill <<<Next Stop