Hi Crafty Friends! We are almost 2 months away from Christmas. This year was a bit different as I was recovering from shoulder surgery and then we moved half way across the United States. All of that took much more time than I anticipated, so I am very behind on all my Christmas crafting. I like to make our gift tags, holiday cards, gift card holders, etc. I am thrilled to have these 10 tags made and I have a plan to get everything else done. Watch for a monthly holiday series with videos starting in January 2023.
I got this beautiful Holly Christmas Stamp and Die set from Sweet N Sassy Stamps and can’t put it down. I have made many cards and now tags with it. I love the detail and the sentiments are so great. I have a video on my YouTube channel showing you how I made these wonderful tags. Make sure to check it out!!
- Holly Christmas Stamp Set – Sweet N Sassy Stamps
- Holly Christmas Die Set – Sweet N Sassy Stamps
- Nesting Tags – Waffle Flower
- Tree Lot Distress Mica Stain – Ranger Ink
- Peppermint Stick Distress Mica Stain – Ranger Ink
- Tarnished Brass Mica Spray – Ranger Ink
- Green Sparkle Cord – Lawn Fawn
- Distress White Watercolor Cardstock – Ranger Ink
- Desert Storm – Neenah
- Brushed Gold Cardstock – Altenew
- Royal and Langnickel #4 – Zen
- Clear Embossing Powder – Simon Says Stamp
- Onyx Black Ink – VersaFine
When mass producing projects I do like to work in an assembly line style. So I cut everything I need first, then I work from there. I use small containers for items so I don’t misplace anything.
- After having all the tags and hole reinforcers die cut, I began stamping my sentiments from the Holly Christmas Stamp Set . I stamped the front and back sentiments on separate tags as I glue these together for a more sturdy tag.
- I stamped and clear embossed all the sentiments.
- Next I stamped the 2 large holly images from the Holly Christmas Stamp Set in black ink on watercolor cardstock then clear embossed these as well.
- I then used a paint brush and Tree Lot and Peppermint Stick Mica Stain to paint the holly branches.
- Once these where done, I splattered Tarnished Brass Mica Spray on the front tags.
- The holy images were then die cut using the coordinating dies for the Holly Christmas Stamp Set. I also die cut 2 more of each image from 110 lb. cardstock. These will be adhered behind each image for dimension. So I die cut 10 more of each image.
- I then adhered the tag fronts and backs together before adhering the gold hole reinforcers.
- After adhering and stacking all the holly images, I glued them to the front of the tags above the sentiment.
- Lastly, I cut my cord about 12 inches long then tied these to each tag.
I hope these tags inspire you to get busy with your holiday projects. I love how these turned out and am so excited to put them on gifts this holiday season. Please check out my video for more detailed instruction on how I created this wonderful little tags. Thank you so much for stopping by.
** Affiliate links have been used at NO EXTRA COST to you. Thank you for your support as this helps me to keep bringing new content to you!