Hi Crafty Friends! This month I made a card for Altenew’s Inspiration Challenge for September. This month is a fall inspired card. So I reached for the embossing folder from the Always Sunshine Craft Your Life Kit. I love the colors for this month’s challenge as they are from the color families that I reach for all the time.
Supplies for this card:
- Always Sunshine Craft Your Life Kit – Altenew
- Seasonal Blooms Craft Your Life Kit – Altenew
- Blush Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Pink Pearl Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Velvet Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Parrot Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Olive Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Moss Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Obsidian Black Ink – Altenew
- Jet Black Ink Spray – Altenew
- Mini Blending Brushes – Altenew
- Satin White Sequins – Altenew
- Blush Cardstock – Altenew
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine – Altenew
- Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine – Altenew
Fall is my favorite season. I love the beautiful colors nature presents us and I love how well they shine here on this card. This card really showcases ink blending and how it can add so much dimension.
- I put a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb. cardstock in the embossing folder from the Always Sunshine kit. I then ran this through my Platinum 6 Machine. Make sure to follow your machines suggested sandwich for embossing folders.
- I then used my Mini Ink Blending Brushes and Blush, Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Velvet, Parrot, Olive and Moss Crisp Dye Inks to color my embossed image. I kept the greens toward the center of the leaves and added the pinks towards the edges of the leaves.
- I then lightly blended some Parrot Ink around the embossed image so it wasn’t such a contrast against the pure white cardstock.
- I trimmed this panel down to 4×5.25 inches before adding some black splatters with Jet Black Ink Spray. I then splattered some Coral Bliss ink on the card panel as well. I use an acrylic block and a paint brush to splatter my ink. I kept the ink mostly toward the top portion of the panel.
- While my background panel was drying, I ink blended a scrap piece of Blush Cardstock with Pink Pearl and Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink to create an ombre look.
- I then used my Mini Blossom and the Hello from the Seasonal Blooms Kit. I cut one from the ombre piece of cardstock then 2 more from plain pink cardstock. I layered these together with liquid adhesive.
- I did a little direct to paper with the Pink Pearl Crisp Dye Ink pad and my background panel. I ran the pad around the edge of the panel and slightly in about a quarter of an inch in places. I just like the added interest this gives but it is a bit hard to see in the photos.
- I stamped my sub sentiment in Obsidian Black Ink under where Imy sentiment will be adhered.
- The ombre sentiment was adhered to the panel.
- The panel was adhered to a piece of Blush Cardstock with fun foam and then to a top folding heavy weight card base.
- For the finishing touch I added several White Satin Sequins.
I love how this cards screams fall but still has so much pink in it. Pink is abundant in the fall foliage and I love how it turned out on this card. I hope you check out the September Inspiration Challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by.