Hello Crafty Friends!! So happy you stopped by to see three ways to use one stencil. I am featuring two great products from Altenew. I will be using the Intricate Mandala Stencil to make 3 background panels using 3 different techniques. I will be finishing all the background panels using images from the Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set and Stencil Set. To watch how I make these cards, please watch my YouTube video.
For these cards I used:
- Intricate Mandala Stencil – Altenew
- Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set – Altenew
- Dazzling Dahlia Stencil Set – Altenew
- Tranquility Crisp Dye Mini Ink Set – Altenew
- Fall Harvest Crisp Dye Mini Ink Set – Altenew
- Tropical Forest Crisp Dye Mini Ink Set – Altenew
- Honey Drizzle Crisp Dye Ink – Altenew
- Spicy Yogurt Cardstock – Altenew
- Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Crystal Clear Crisp Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Large Blending Tool – Altenew
- Mini Blending Brushes – Altenew
- Jet Black Cardstock – Altenew
- Obsidian Black Pigment Ink – Altenew
- Platinum 6 Die Cut Machine – Spellbinders
- Glitz Glitter Gel – Altenew
- Morning Dew Nuvo Drops – Tonic Studios
- Make Art Station – Wendy Vecchi
These 3 cards were inspired by a class I took from Altenew, Crafter Class Late Summer 2022. The first day of the class was taught by Bridget Casey Designs. She used the Spicy Yogurt cardstock and this color pallette. I didn’t have the exact ink sets she used but these substituted perfectly and I have fallen in love with these colors together.
- For my first technique, I dry embossed the Intricate Mandala Stencil using my die cut machine with Spicy Yogurt cardstock. You can’t see the details in these photos but it is easily seen in my video. Follow your die cut machine’s sandwich for embossing.
- I ink blended and fussy cut the images from the Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set and Stencil Set.
- I heat embossed a sentiment from the same stamp set and added some nuvo drops for accents to the flowers and leaves after they were adhered to the card.
- The second technique I used was simple ink blending over the stencil. I used Misty Morning and Cloudy Sky from the Tranquility Crisp Dye Mini Ink Set to create a soft background. Make sure to use Pixie Spray on a detail stencil like this so none of the little pieces of the stencil moves while you ink blend.
- I stamped and colored 2 butterflies, fussy cut them, then used Clear Crisp Embossing Powder over the entire butterfly to create gloss finish on both of them.
- I then added a sentiment strip, plus some Morning Dew Nuvo Drops and then mounted on a Jet Black card panel
- For my third technique I used White Glitz Glitter Gel over the Intricate Mandala stencil to create a subtle yet stunning background.
- Give the panel plenty of time to dry before finishing your card. I usually let it dry over night.
- I added an ink blended flower with leaves and a cute hummingbird from the Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set and Stencil Set to this beautiful background panel.
- I grabbed another great sentiment from this set and heat embossed it with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder.
Again to see exactly how these background panels were made and how they were assembled please watch the video. While there I would appreciate it if you liked and subscribed to my chanel.
I hope these cards inspire you to get out your stencils and find all the different techniques you can do with them. There are so many possibilities. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.