Hello Crafty Friends! I have the tremendous honor to be a guest designer for Ink Blot Shop this month. So keep an eye on my blog and my Instagram page for lots of inspiration. I absolutely love animal print and pink so this card combines both into a fun shaker card.
- Leopard Print Background – Ink Blot Shop
- Solid Sayings – Ink Blot Shop
- Shaker Hearts – Pink Fresh Studio
- Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick – Ranger Ink
- Embossable Window Plastic – Judikins
- Champagne Bubbles – Trinity Stamps
- Gold, Pink, and Ruby Sequins – Sizzix
- Slate Cardstock – Simon Says Stamp
- Ivory Cardstock – Simon Says Stamp
- Alabaster White Embossing Powder – Brutus Monroe
- Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool – The Rabbit Hole Design
This leopard background stamp makes a perfect leopard print. I can see so many great color combinations to make using this stamp.
- I began by stamping this wonderful Leopard Print Background in Worn Lipstick. I did stamp the image several times to get a darker color.
- I then trimmed this panel down slightly and die cut the larger Shaker Hearts in it. I put a smaller piece of acetate under the heart opening for my shaker card.
- I put a double layer of foam tape on the back of this panel and made sure the foam tape was close together around the heart to seal in the shaker bits. Before removing the foam tape backing I went around the edges inside the shaker with my Cottontail Embossing Powder Tool so the shaker bits wouldn’t stick to the edges.
- I carefully piled all my shaker bits into the area were the shaker will be on a top folding card base. Then careful put my leopard background panel over these. I just used shaker bits (sequins, flat sequins, etc.) from my stash. I have a ton and need to use them up.
- On a piece of Slate Cardstock, I embossed Congratulations from the Solid Sayings set using Alabaster White Embossing Powder. I trimmed this down and mounted it under the heart opening using some foam tape.
This card came together super fast but shaker cards always make a huge impression. Pair a shaker with animal print and it is simple yet eye catching. I love the word stamps set from Ink Blot Shop. They are classic and a great addition to any stamp collection. I reach for mine all the time.
Thank you for stopping by. Again watch my blog and Instagram page for lots of cards featuring Ink Blot Shop products over this next month. Have a great day and happing stamping!!