Hello, crafty friends! Today’s cards is for my 4th class with the AECP (Altenew Educator Certification Program). I am so happy I picked Sentiments with Impact taught by Emily Leiphart. This class has some fantastic ideas to make your sentiments pop on your cards. Altenew’s new Craft Your Life Project Kits are awesome and the Hello Beautiful kit from September 2021 is my favorite. I keep reaching for it again and again.
Supplies used for this project:
- Hello Beautiful: Craft Your Life Project Kit – Altenew
- Crisp Dye Ink Mini Cubes – Altenew
- Fairy Tale Florals Stamp Set – Altenew
- Sentiment Strips – Altenew
- Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Distress Sprayer
- VersaMark Ink
- Blending Brushes – I Crafter
I am a huge fan of a great 3D embossing folder background panel. When the panel is white, the background panel really looks elegant. Such an easy way to add texture to a card. I loved Emily’s idea to put many small sentiments together to create a larger sentiment. I used 3 different stamp sets to complete my sentiment for this card. She also suggested stamping in different ink colors to add some interest. I embossed my sentiments then ink blended over them to add a different color to each one.
- I ran a white panel through my die cut machine with the 3D Embossing Folder from the Hello Beautiful: Craft Your Life Project Kit. Follow your die cutting machines instructions for the correct sandwich when using embossing folders. Also, I always spray my cardstock with some water before putting it in an embossing folder. I find this helps with any cracking of the cardstock.
- Next I stamped one of the floral images from the stamp set in the kit with VersaMark Ink then poured Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder over the stamped image. This was then heat set with an embossing gun.
- I used the Crisp Dye Ink Mini Cubes and the matching stencils in the kit to color the image. I used small I Crafter Blending Brushes to add my inks. For the flower I used Mango Smoothie, and Rouge and for the leaves I used Parrot. You can use one color for the different details of layering stencils. Just start with a soft hand and use a heavier hand to get more detail.
- I then die cut this image with the coordinating die.
- Next, I used sentiments from the Hello Beautiful Stamp Set, Fairy Tale Florals Stamp Set, and Sentiment Strips Stamp Set to create my sentiment strips. I embossed my chosen sentiments with Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder. I then blended each strip with a different ink color ( Chamomile, Mango Smoothie, Parrot, Rouge). Make sure to wipe the ink off of your embossed images after ink blending with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- I then cut the sentiments into strips.
- I popped the floral image up some foam tape and adhered the sentiment strips directly to the embossed background panel.
- This panel was then adhered to a heavy weight card base.
I hope you found some inspiration to make your sentiments pop on your cards. Thank you so much for stopping by.