Hello, Crafty Friends! I love grabbing my favorite items from some of my favorite stamp companies and putting a wonderful card together. I absolutely love the layering stencil sets from Pinkfresh Studio. With many of these sets having matching dies and hot foil plates, I find I am reaching for these all the time. Honey Bee Stamps has me swooning over all their word and sentiment sets. I love that the matching dies cut not only the words but smaller sentiments too. Altenew is killing it with all their 3D Embossing Folders they have been releasing. Distress Oxides from Ranger Ink and Tim Holtz are my go to for stamping, blending, embossing, etc. I loved every moment of creating this card.
I used the following for this card:
- Small Butterflies (layering stencils, matching die, hot foil plate) – Pinkfresh Studio
- Cloudy Day 3D Embossing Folder – Altenew
- Bitty Buzzwords (stamp set and matching dies) – Honey Bee Stamps
- Glimmer Hot Foil System – Spellbinders
- Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine – Spellbinders
- Gold Hot Foil – Spellbinders
- Distress Oxide Inks (Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon) – Ranger Ink
- Distress Embossing Glaze (Salvaged Patina) – Ranger Ink
- Blender Brushes – Taylored Expressions
- Artic Breeze Pearls – Studio Katia
- Sentiment Labels (past Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit) – Tim Holtz Idea-ology
- Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue – Bearly Art
- Multi Medium Matte Glue – Ranger Ink
- Versamark – Tsukineko
- I created my background piece using Salvaged Patina in distress oxide and embossing glaze. I blended the distress oxide ink in about a half an inch from all the edges then using Versamark applied the embossing glaze over that and heat set it.
- I cut down a piece of Neenah 110 lb cardstock and ran it through my die cutting machine using the Cloudy Day embossing folder.
- I then used my Glimmer Hot Foil System and my Platinum 6 to foil my Small Butterflies on some Simon Says Stamp 130 lb cardstock with Gold Foil.
- The butterflies were then colored using the Small Butterflies Layered Stencil Set. I colored them with with distress oxides in Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean, Mustard, Mermaid Lagoon using my blender brushes. I have a separate set of blending brushes for my oxides and my dye inks. I use them both all the time.
- I used the coordinating dies to cut out the colored Small Butterflies. I love that you can both color then cut out so many images at one time.
- I grabbed scraps of white cardstock and cut those to the sizes I wanted, then using my blender brushes I colored 2 pieces with the Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean distress oxide inks. I went over them several times to get the saturation I wanted.
- I stamped Friend from the Bitty Buzzwords on white cardstock using Salvaged Patina distress oxide ink then immediately poured Salvaged Patina Embossing Glaze over it. I heat set the glaze. Once cooled I used the coordinating die to cut the word out.
- I mounted the cloud background panel on the Salvaged Patina edged panel using foam tape. Then used liquid glue to attach my two colored strips one on top of the other. I used foam tape to add the Friend die cut and one butterfly to the colored strips. Using liquid glue I attached the other butterfly. Then I grabbed a sentiment from an Idea-ology Sentiment Labels sheet that came in a past Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit. I put this on a piece of foam tape and mounted it above the word Friend.
- This was all then mounted on a top folding heavy weight card base using liquid glue. I then added some Artic Breeze Pearls with liquid glue to add a little bling. I
I loved getting out so many products and putting this fun card together. It is a perfect combination of my favorite companies, products and techniques. Thanks for stopping by and I hope this card inspires you to grab your favorite supplies and create something you love.