Hello Crafty Friends! Today’s card is one I made for Altenew’s Beautiful Details Class taught by Marika Rahtu. Wow, she is an amazing artist and I was blown away from all the ideas in this class. However, I struggle with adding the details that she does so very well. I have spent a few weeks practicing and creating since I watched the class. This card uses her idea of using copics and pencils to add details to an outline stamp image.
For this card I used:
- Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover Die – Altenew
- Fancy For You – Altenew
- Indian Lotus: Build a Flower – Altenew
- Sentiment Strips Stamp Set – Altenew
- Copic Marker R20
- Holiday Glitter Pad – Memory Box
- Polychromos Colour Pencils – Faber Castell
- Intense Black Ink – Simon Says Stamp
- Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Pitch Black Cardstock – Hero Arts
I love the simple elegance of this card even though I need to spend more hours practicing with the Polychromos I got for Christmas but I am excited to finish a card that featured them.
- I began by running the Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover Die with some white cardstock through my die cutting machine.
- I cut 1/2 inch off of one long side of the cardstock and mounted it on Pitch Black cardstock. I adhered it so that the black cardstock was only one one side of the card.
- I cut a thin piece of the Holiday Glitter paper and mounted it on the white cardstock next to the black cardstock.
- Next I stamped the outside image of the large flower from the Indian Lotus: Build a Flower set on white cardstock using a Copic friendly ink, Intense Black by Simon Says Stamp.
- I used R20 Copic Marker to color over the entire image.
- I grabbed several Polychromos Colour Pencils to add details to the colored image. This took quite away as I kept layering until I was happy with the result. Then used the coordinating die to die cut the flower.
- I then die cut the Fancy For You die from Altenew out of black and gold cardstock. Then offset these on top of each other.
- I embossed a sentiment from the Sentiment Strips stamp set using Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder on black cardstock.
- The colored flower was tucked under the corner of the For You and both adhered to the background. I then popped up the sentiment with a little foam tape over the For You.
- This panel was then mounted on a top folding card base.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card and it encouraged you to step out of your comfort zone and experiment with new products and techniques. Thanks for stopping by.