Hello Crafty Friends! I am here with another Altenew class project. Heat embossing is so much fun and so was the Impressive Heat Embossing Class taught by Svetlana Marchinko. She had so many great ideas. I used a couple of her techniques for this card. I did some layered heat embossing on my thank you die to give some shine and dimension and I did some emboss resist with my image.
Here is what I used for this card:
- Camellia: Paint a Flower – Altenew
- Simply Thank You – Altenew
- Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder – Altenew
- Sunflower: Paint a Flower – Altenew
- Crisp Dye Iink Mini Cubes (Fresh Lemon, Honey Drizzle, Firefly, Grass Field, Puffy Heart, Magenta, Crimson) – Altenew
- Distress White Heavy Stock -Ranger
- Clear Embossing Powder – Nuvo
- I Brush Ink Applicator Brushes – I Crafter
- White Satin Sequins – Altenew
I love the simplicity of this card and its bright pop of colors. Emboss resist is so much fun. You can use white or clear embossing powder on a white panel for this technique. If you use white make sure to wipe the inks of the embossing when done blending.
- I prepped a panel of Distress White Heavy Stock with an anti static bag, then stamped my floral image from the Camellia: Paint a Flower with VersaMark ink. I poured Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder over the stamped image. Next I heat set it using an embossing gun.
- I don’t have the small blending brushes from Altenew yet so I used my I Brush Ink Applicator Brushes to apply Crisp Dye Ink (Fresh Lemon, Honey Drizzle, Firefly, Grass Field, Puffy Heart Magenta, Crimson) to my image. When done I wiped off excess ink with a microfiber cloth.
- I die cut the Simply Thank You three times with black cardstock. I layered these with liquid glue. When dry I used VersaMark to apply ink over the entire die cut image then poured Crystal Clear Embossing Powder over the image. I heat set the powder using an embossing tool. Very quickly I applied more embossing powder over the image again to add another layer then heat set. This step was repeated a total of 4 times.
- I cut down my background panel and stamped a sentiment from the Sunflower: Paint a Flower set under where I would place my Thank You die with Magenta Crisp Dye Ink Mini Cube.
- I then mounted this panel on a piece of black cardstock with foam tape. This was all then mounted to a heavy weight card base.
- I adhered the black Thank You on the card and some White Satin Sequins with liquid glue.
I love the dimension and the smoothness of layered embossing on a die cut. I hope this card brightens your day and makes you want to create something beautiful.
I only have a few more classes for my Level 2 with the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I have loved all the classes and how much this experience has made me grow both creatively and personally. It is good to step out of our comfort zones from time to time. Thank you for being there with me through this journey.